Friday, March 29, 2013

Viva Las Vegas!

Okay... I have just got to throw this out there... I am going to Vegas in three weeks and I. Am. SO. EXCITED!  I have been to Vegas before - with my best friend since first grade, Diana, and our moms when we graduated from college -- so 7 years ago?  It was fun - very fun.  And I will never live down the fact that I told Diana's mom, Melinda, that we would not be calling her to check in several times during the course of our evening out at the bars.  Apparently I had a super sweet smile and just said 'no'.  Go me. #totallyloveablebrat  

Well... I'm super excited to go and have a girls trip -- I just want to lay by the pool and have giant margaritas brought to me by a hot cabana boy.  Really, I don't think that is too much to ask for.  It's not like I'm asking for a SUPER hot cabana boy - I'll totally settle for just average hot.  

Hmmm... picture this at a pool in Vegas.  Yes...
I'm going with Tara and Meera.  Meera is one of Tara's good friends - and I totally adore her and am glad that I can call her my friend too.  But... I'm less than excited to feel like the dumb one as they are both doctors -- at least I know that if I break out in hives on this particular trip to Vegas (oh yeah... that happened before), I'll be in good hands.  Listen here, you doctors -- you may be brilliant and save peoples lives...  but I'm an event planner and a CrossFit trainer.  Take that.  

Sidenote - I am LOVING coaching CrossFit classes.  I've done two weeks of it and I absolutely love it.  I'm not even really coaching yet... I get to run our athletes through warm ups and help with some form issues - but it makes me unbelievably happy. I know, I know - it's been two weeks.  I don't care.  It's fantastic.  I don't even mind getting up at 4:30am.     

Back to Vegas: I feel like I need to make a 'We're Going to Las Vegas' playlist.  I think it will start with LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It.  That may need to be our theme song.  Not sure if the girls will agree-- but whatever.  That will be MY theme song for the weekend and I plan to listen to it approximately every 15 minutes for the next three weeks.  I may even shake my booty in my chair at my office.  That will happen.  Don't judge.  

Yup.  This is the first time that I've ever gone on a trip like this.  I've been to Europe with the guy that I loved... but... I've never gone on a girls weekend trip just for the hell of it. I've gone places with the girls -- but it's always been for a purpose - a wedding, a bachelorette - something like that.  But this is literally just to play.  And I'm PSYCHED about it.  

PS - Something I'm less than pysched about?  13.4 tomorrow.  95lb clean and jerks?  Ouch.  My goal is 40 reps.  That gets me thru the rounds of 9.  The toes to bar may kill me.  But here goes nothing.  At least all my favorite people will be at the gym tomorrow.  And it's gorgeous out.  And we are having a BBQ tomorrow to enjoy the sunny weather.  I'm excited about all things these weekend (except toes to bar). And Vegas in three weeks.  I'm SUPER excited about Vegas.  



No comments:

Post a Comment