Sunday, March 24, 2013

13.3 - And News!!!!

News!!!!  I passed my certification test!  I'm officially a Level 1 CrossFit Trainer.  Holy crap.  HOLY CRAP!!!!  After checking my email approximately 423 times since Wednesday - I FINALLY got the email last night while I was at a wedding (yes... I was totally that girl who checked her email at a wedding).  So... yeah!  I'm officially a trainer.  Wow.  I have got to step up my game.  

So... 13.3.  Kicked. My. Ass.  

There is something sadistic about having to do 150 wall balls.  It was brutal.  I did the wall balls in 9:11.  For my first time doing 'Karen' - I'm pretty pleased with it.  I did 90 seconds unbroken and got to almost 50 -- if I was going to do it again (which, please God -- don't make me), I would do 2 or 2 1/2 minutes unbroken.  The first 100 felt manageable -- and then the agony set in.  Pretty sure I did my last 35 in sets of 3-5.  Tara and Jess were awesome at cheering me on and getting me to do just one more rep before letting the ball drop.  I'm definitely pleased with how I did on the wall balls portion of the WOD.  The double unders, however, were a totally different beast.  Double unders are not exactly my forte -- turns out I'm SUPER uncoordinated.  It's not awesome.  My brain was saying 'jump'-- and my legs were saying 'fuck you'Yup... that's super ladylike.  And exactly what was happening.  It took me a good 45 seconds to relax and pull it together enough to get 22 of them.  Pretty sure at one point, I wanted to throw my jumprope across the gym and call it a day.  Nothing is more frustrating than trying to get a double under while exhausted -- it's a total mental game.  So... 13.3 total?  172.  

The real end result of 13.3?  The fact that I can't stand up/sit down/walk up or down stairs without feeling excruciating pain in my quads.  Ouch.  Wall balls = 1.  Danielle = 0.  

Hmmm... what else?  Today is the first day in a couple of weeks that I've had nothing going on.  It was GLORIOUS.  I slept in.  I drank coffee on my couch.  I went and got a foot refloxology treatment (more on that later).  I had brunch.  I caught up on laundry.  I took a two hour nap.  I made banana bread.  Total Sunday win!!!  

Okay... so... when I decided to start a blog - I was determined to not be one of those people who uses it to post ridiculous pictures of their pets/children (okay... most people post ridiculous pictures of their children-- I have cats, not kids).  But... this is what happened to me today:  

Hey mom.  I know you need to fold approximately 75lbs of laundry.  I'm going to help.  By laying in the middle of the pile and digging my claws into as many items as possible.  Especially if they are snag-able, then I'll touch them at least twice.  Love, Fatti

But why is all the laundry folded?  All you leave me is this measly towel?  Well... it's mine and you can't have it.  Try to take it from me - I'll rip a hole in it. I swear I will.  See... just did.  You asked for it. Love, Fatti
 
Yup.  This happened.  Whoever tells you that cats don't have personalities should just come and spend one evening at my house.  Just one. 

And yes.  I did this much laundry today.  This actually wasn't even all of it.  There were at least two loads after this.  I hate folding laundry.  I HATE it.  Doing laundry - not a problem.  Folding/putting away?  Bane of my existence.   

Wow... I must be REALLY boring if this is all I have to write about.  Sorry.   

I also made this:  

Paleo Banana Bread
4 bananas - mashed
4 eggs
1/2 cup coconut butter
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
pinch of salt 


1) Mix bananas, eggs, oil and coconut butter using KitchenAid.  Once well beaten - mix in all dry ingredients.  Mix until smooth.  Add walnuts.
2)  Bake in a 9x5 well greased pan at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.  

So easy.  However, the next time I make it - I'll probably use almond butter instead of coconut butter.  It ended with a flat coconut flavor-- I think the almond flavor would complement the nuts/banana.  So... probably more to come on this when I try it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment