Friday, March 15, 2013

13.2 - No Rep!!!

Last night, I did Open Workout 13.2.  Brutal.  It didn't seem ike it wasn't going to suck the life out of me... I was wrong.  

Open Workout 13.2
10 minute AMRAP
5 shoulders to overhead - 75 lbs
10 deadlifts - 75 lbs
15 box jumps - 20 inch

Well.  Let's just say that the box jumps were significantly harder than I ever could have imagined.  Something about trying to do them as fast as possible makes every muscle in my body want to cry.  About round 5 I just started dong step ups - just so I could keep moving.  

My goal was 7 rounds... and I got 7 rounds + 1 press for a total of 211 reps.  I'll take it.

If I wouldn't have been no rep'ed approximately 10 times, I would have done significantly better--- so that is disappointing.  Moral of the story - make every rep count and extend your hips and knees at the top of the box.  And don't let Jess be your judge.  

Yesterday afternoon, pre-WOD - I made my favorite quick and easy meal: chicken tacos.  

One day, I had like half of a rotisserie chicken in my fridge and was starving and so I discovered this super quick and easy meal.  It is really unbelievably easy.  
  1. Shred chicken.  I just do this with two forks on a cutting board.  I used about half of the chicken and had plenty for leftovers.  But remember... I also was only cooking for me.  For more than one person, you may want to use more chicken.  
  2. Sprinkle some olive oil in a pan, warm up and add chicken.  Cover chicken with a little bit of salsa.  I just do this by look - I love salsa so I put quite a bit on.  If you aren't a huge fan of it - use less.  This is not a science - it just flavors the chicken and remoistens it.  I've found that rotisserie chicken meat can be kind of bland when it's not warm from the store.  
  3. I just stir the chicken around until it's heated all the way through - put into corn tortillas, cover with a little bit of shredded cheese and a slice of avocado.  Easy dinner perfection!  
Time it... this whole process should have taken approximately 7 minutes.  And it's delicious.  See?


If you are feeling ambitious - you could make a delicious side for this.  Brussel sprouts would be amazing... or even just a light salad.  I was not feeling ambitious last night.  This was as motivated as I could get myself to be in the kitchen.  

So... this was my pre-13.2 meal.  I definitely ate like 3 hours before because I was afraid of it coming back up.  It didn't.  Phew.  Then I came home and was starving and had a post-WOD treat of chips and salsa (notice a trend in my diet? I heart Mexican food.).  

Also... my certification course is this weekend and I am FREAKING OUT.  I'm not sure who is going to take the coach seriously who eats chips and salsa for dinner and MAYBE ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies in one sitting.  (I'm not proud of it.  It was after a really bad date and I was feeling all girly and whiny.)  So... I'm going to make a concentrated effort to work on my diet, get a strict pull up and just generally maintain an even more healthy lifestyle.  

My problem is this:  the second I tell myself 'you can't have that' -- that is all that I want.  Whether that is booze, sugar, or bread - it's all the same.  It's then the only damn thing that I can think of. So I'm going to do less 'you can't' and more 'is this helping you get to where you need to be?'.  (The answer to Girl Scout cookies is always going to be 'NO' and the answer to wine will always be 'YES'.)

Random:  My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. I keep telling people I'm going to be 30.  That's a lie.  I'm going to be 29.  Apparently I just feel 30. (On the positive side - I think this probably means that turning 30 will not result in an epic meltdown like I've seen several people have.)  I'm actually excited about my birthday this year.  Why you ask?  Ummm... for no apparent reason besides getting to celebrate with an awesome group of people who I absolutely adore.  AND... I'm super excited that my parents bought me a food processor (our family is obviously super good at surprises - thanks Mom!) and I can't wait to use it.  I keep finding recipes for things that require a food processor - and using my tiny chopping attachment on my immersion blender is starting not to cut it.  SO... who is excited for me to be able to make more food faster?!?! Me. That's who. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment