Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Goal Update

It's been three weeks since I posted my goals and wanted to give you all an update since I know you've been anxiously waiting.  

Let's review my goals:
  • Unassisted pullups. 
  • Kipping pullups.  Link 5 together.
  • Pushups. Do 15 legit pushups unbroken.
  • Burpees.  Do 30 burpees unbroken without whining.
  • Work on my rope climbs.
  • Double unders. 15 unbroken.  
 Now... here's the update: 
  • Unassisted pullups.  NAILED IT!
  • Kipping pullups.  NAILED IT!!!
  • Pushups. Did 10, had to pause.  Arms were toast.  Getting there. 
  • Burpees. Can do the burpees - just can't do them without whining.  Working on it. 
  • Work on my rope climbs.  Haven't gotten to this yet - soon!!!
  • Double unders. 15 unbroken.  Still the bane of my existence.  Got 10 today with a single skip between.  Apparently I'm regressing instead of moving forward.  Damnit. 
 So... that's the update on the goals.  (It's been a solid six months of work to get one unassisted pullup - I totally deserve a hug.)  I've got 5 1/2 weeks left before the Bacon Beatdown.  The rest of my goals are manageable but it's seriously time to buckle down and get my ass in shape.  Today's workout killed me: 

20 min AMRAP
200m run (ish... not actually sure how far - we use landmarks!)
3 hang power cleans
5 front squats
7 push jerks

I did 10 rounds plus the run at 60lbs and was thrashed.  I need to get back on my regular healthy eating plan - I can definitely feel a difference in my performance with not eating as well as I should.  


Yup.  This is EXACTLY how I felt this morning.
On a completely different and unrelated note:  I have a blind date tonight.  And I am totally psyched about it.  Stay tuned for the results (and cross your fingers that it goes well!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment