Anyways... this is what I learned this weekend:
- Just because your adorable hair dresser can McGyver her broken high heels, doesn't mean that you can too. Anything that involves super glue, pliers, and heavy books is probably not a plan that you are going to be able to do well in a time crunch. At least not well enough to be able to put it on your feet and wear successfully for the evening.
- Even if you think you are badass enough to McGyver your shoes - get a back up pair just in case your plan fails (as it almost inevitably will). This will save you from having to make not one, not two, but three trips to Nordstrom in the course of the day with the last being in a panic 45 minutes before you are scheduled to be picked up.
- Even though you've made it home, in one piece, and alone - it will still look like you are doing the walk of shame out of your own house in the morning. Last night's pretty bouncy hair plastered to your face and mascara/eyeliner smudges all over. It is times like this that you will inevitably run right into your neighbors and apparently the weekend guests that they had staying with them. Awesome.
- After you mumble something about having a wedding last night to try to explain your disheveled appearance, you'll get your dog in the car and go for lunch. And by go for lunch, I obviously mean go to Wendy's (seriously, a Wendy's delivery service would make bank) - as nothing cures a slight hangover like a spicy chicken sandwich and a frosty.
- It's also inevitable that you will return home from your adventure for lunch to find your neighbors still standing outside by your parking spot. Shame is having to walk past them again - this time, with a giant bag of Wendy's goodness. Especially because Wendy's is literally one block away - and you quite obviously drove there.
Awesome. It's been an awesome day.
|My date and I practicing our sorority girl pose.|